Warm, delicious and oh so easy, this quick and easy banana bread will be on your plate in less than 45 minutes. This recipe can be made ahead of time for an on-the-go breakfast or a quick snack.
Only want one? These babies can be stored in the freezer and reheated at a later time without compromising quality and taste.
Overripe bananas rarely go to waste in our house because my daughter and I love to make this recipe together. I measure the ingredients and she pours and mixes. It’s a team effort that allows for a little mommy-daughter time.
You probably have all of the necessary ingredients already in your pantry and refrigerator.
This is what you will need to make this quick and easy banana bread:
1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup of all purpose or wheat flour
1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp of baking powder
2 overripe bananas
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of stevia or 1 tsp of white granulated sugar
1/2 cup of nuts (pecans or walnuts)
1 cup of milk
*This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please see my disclosures page here.
When you mix these ingredients together (careful not to over mix) and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes, you will end up with these slabs of goodness–golden brown and delicious. I challenge you to eat just one! My husband HATES bananas and he will eat these. The banana flavor is evident, but not overpowering. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of all purpose or wheat flour
- ½ cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 overripe bananas
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of stevia or 1 tsp of white granulated sugar
- ½ cup of nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 1 cup of milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel bananas and mash with a fork.
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mix by hand using a spatula or rubber scraper until all ingredients are combined. Do not over mix or your banana bread will be tough and chewy.
- Transfer your batter to a well-greased mini loaf tin or muffin tin.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before attempting to remove from the pan.