Lucky for me, I don’t have much of a sweet tooth–I much prefer savory, but my one weakness is cake (of all types). I look forward to birthday parties and weddings just to snag one of those slices of heaven. I have tried many different ways to create a delicious smoothie that would replicate the tasty goodness of a slice of wedding cake without all the sugar, calories, and fat.
Finally, I came across the ingredient I was missing that would allow me to achieve my goal and that is Cafe Essentials Vanilla Cream Beverage Mix. This mix contains no artificial sweeteners and can be purchased for a little over $20 on Amazon for a 3.5 lb bag. So worth it!
Here is what you will need to make this wedding cake in a glass smoothie:
1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk or skim milk
1 scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder
1 scoop of Cafe Essentials Vanilla Cream Beverage Mix
8-10 ice cubes
1/2 tsp of almond extract
Only five ingredients will get you a protein-packed smoothie that tastes just like a slice of wedding cake sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. It will trick your brain and your stomach into thinking it’s getting dessert. Don’t miss out on this delicious smoothie recipe. It is sure to be one that will make its way into your rotation for sure. If you are craving chocolate, be sure to check out my chocolate bliss smoothie recipe here. Now, let’s get to blending…
*This post contains affiliate links. For more information about this, see my disclosures page here.
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk or skim milk
- 1 scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder
- 1 scoop of Cafe Essentials Vanilla Cream Gourmet Beverage Mix
- 8-10 ice cubes, depending on desired consistency
- ½ tsp of almond extract
- Combine all ingredients into a blender.
- Secure the top of the blender and blend on high for about 30-45 seconds or until there are no more chunks of ice left.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!